Advanced Diploma in Translation
The Advanced Diploma in Translation is designed, for those who strive to build a career in professional translation and have reached a high level of linguistic competence.
The Diploma in Translation will be achieved in 50 hours and it’s divided into 3 levels. It will enable learners to translate from a source language into the mother tongue (target language), to a professional standard and their awareness of the professional activity of translation.
The programme offers in an engaging learning environment, both practical and theoretical guide to translation.
- Apply the different methodological approaches &procedures employed in rendering a text into another language.
-Be aware of problems of non- equivalence in translation.
- Practically apply the principles and techniques of translation.
-Translate specialized texts by applying professional, nationally accepted standards of translation using authentic materials.
- Gain sufficient knowledge &acquire localization skills through exposure to a variety of topics.
- Identify errors & criticize translated texts through the application of contrastive analysis techniques.
- Bridge the gap between different languages and cultures.
- Translate different types of texts orally.
-87% on the Tests of English (C2)
- Have adequate computer skills
Graduation & Exit Requirements:
- Completing the 3 levels requirements
- Obtaining a minimum grade of B- (65%)
-Submitting 2 translation projects.
The full Diploma will be awarded when all levels are passed. The overall qualification will state “Pass” and the Transcript will show the breakdown of individual results.